View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 09:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for this, Mrs. D. Your information is great.

My girlfriend is gluten- and dairy-intolerant, so for the past two years I've been avoiding wheat and dairy too (solidarity!). My recently-diagnosed PN came on gradually and is mild so far, and seems to have no particular episodic nature. It doesn't seem to be triggered by anything, it's just usually there no matter what I've eaten or done.

But diet has a huge impact on the way our bodies function, and the info in this thread is right on. Supplements are sometimes necessary. But to me it seems that eating fresh, nourishing food gives a range of vitamins, phytochemicals, and anti-oxidants that can't be beat.

I've used nutritiondata.com for years -- good to find out that salmon has more B12 than beefsteak, and gives you the omega-3 oils as well!

It's too bad gluten-free baking products are so expensive, especially when the raw materials aren't Brown rice flour, tapioca flour, and corn starch are cheap, and making baking mixes for pancakes, waffles, and cobblers is easy. So far I've kept to prepared mixes for breads...
Don_S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (11-23-2011)