View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 12:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default not diagnosed with anything

I have been feeling "bad" for over a year now. It's hard to explain it. Dizziness is the worst part of it but I also have strange sensations on my skin. I've researched it and came across ms a few months ago. I saw the statistics and figured most likely it was something else, cause the chance of me having ms was so slim. Maybe it was stress.

But, for some reason I decided, tonite, to attach mono to my search. You see, just before I started having these strange symptoms, I got really sick. I was 32, now 34, and I started a new job and after a few weeks started running a high fever. I didn't feel comfortable calling in sick, since I just started this job, so I "toughed it out." After 5 days of running a fever of 101-102, I went to the doctor and she diagnosed me with mono. I haven't really been the same since, 18 months later. I recovered initially, but within a few months I guess, I'm just guessing, I've been feeling tired all the time, dizzy, I feel like bugs are crawling on my face at times. The bug crawling sensation is relatively new. Several months ago I felt like my feet were on fire. I actually pulled my truck over thinking that it was overheating causing my feet to feel warm. A few times, I have woken up in the morning and my legs have been so sore, like I ran a marathon.

What I have read tonight about possible links between MS and MONO has me concerned. I'm afraid it's not a coincidence. I had MONO later in life than most, I was 32 or 33, and my doctor said that the later you have it, the more severe. For me it was the sickest I had ever been. 101-102 fever for 5-8 days. Any advice would be appreciated. I have a job where I have very little opportunity to take the time off to see a doctor so I don't want to waste it when I get it. I've already seen a general doctor, I had high blood pressure, he gave me medicine, and it is better now. I figured the hbp was causing my symptoms, now I know it isn't.
michaelscott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (11-23-2011)