View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
Could you imagine actually saying that to anyone. I would like to see the look on that persons face.
Don't have to imagine - BT-DT. In a couple of cases, it was the last I saw of those faces for quite a while. Looking back, and having been on both sides of that fence, I don't blame them at all (and I shoulda taken pictures ). There was a person in a live support group I was in for a while that we tried to strike up a friendship with, but they couldn't turn it off... ever, and that made any kind of socializing very difficult. We discussed it a few times, but it never stuck, and eventually we grew apart again. I'm always available for support, but I've found that for me, I've got to maintain some separation too.

Quote:
I think people actually do care. They just can't do anything for us so they feel helpless.
Absolutely people actually do care, and it's not just "people" who feel helpless that they can't do anything for us; we scare the bejeebers out of our own doctors too. (And remember what I said about blogs in my above response?)
http://www.medpagetoday.com/Blogs/21266?

That's one of the things I really appreciate about my therapy dog. He's the one member of my support network who seems to know he can do something (lick the tears [and skin] off my face), and is there to do it, any time, day or night. He's also good feedback, because when I'm so bad off I cry out, he gets scared (thinks he hurt me) and runs for his crate.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (11-23-2011)