View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 09:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaredsilly View Post
So I have an appointment with a vascular surgeon in a month but I feel a lot of you on this forum can help me. I am so happy that I found it. I think I am one of those rare cases who has only either arterial TOS or venous TOS without neurgenic. My symptoms are quite simple but very scary. In my right hand my veins get engorged with blood as if it is being cut off. It only happens in certain positions and it doesnt turn white or blue but it kinda turns reddish a little bit? Also, when it happens its uncomfortable and I have to change my position of my arm. I have no other symptoms. It is obvious to me that my circulation is temporarily being blocked off. Im convinced I have TOS because there is no other diagnosis that does this.

I have no neurologic symptoms at all. Strange huh? The only other symptom I can think of that may be related is I get a pulsing feeling in my right side of next without touching it. I can just feel the pulsing in my body and my neck hurts sometimes. My real concern is my engored distended veins in my right hand. It is obvioius that something is wrong.

Can you have ATOS OR VTOS without Neurological TOS?? I would think that the arteries are deeper since it is more rare than neurogenic TOS so in order for arteries to be effected the nerves would be to? I have been on the computer researching for hours and hours.

Also, if I am recommended surgery I dont know what I will do because I hear it doesn't even help in fact it makes it worse??? What is a person to do ? I am only 26 years old and I dont have a job or play a sport that involves repetitive movements.

Can it be anything else? My appointment isnt until another month and I am petrified of blood clots, aneurysms etc. I recently had a ct scan of my chest to look for a pulmonary embolism from something else and it came up negative. Can ATOS cause a blood clot or aneurysm in temple of head? I apprecaite any of u taking the time to help me. I am up worried with fear here.
I'm just about to leave for PT, so very briefly:

* Cold & whiteness & deflated veins = ATOS
* Red & bulging veins = VTOS

Sounds like you have VTOS. Yes you can have only one of the three. The circulatory versions (ATOS, VTOS) do fare much better with surgery than NTOS, so you shouldn't be so worried.

Also, you could have something else. And you may not need surgery. The worst thing you can do is stress yourself out right now.

Prior to your appointment, if your symptoms act up and don't go away with changing your arm position, then you will need to go to the ER. But obviously this has not been happening to you so far. So don't freak yourself out thinking that it will.

Let us know how your exam goes.

Later.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote