Thread: I'm thankful...
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 10:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'm thankful...

It's been a tough few months and I keep seeing on TV people who are struggling so much in this economy. Myself included since my accident. I can obsess on all the wrong things that has happened in the last year. The accident, my husband on workmans comp, the health care bills that aren't stopping etc... but I said to myself that the "poor me" attitude just isn't me. So I started to think to myself...

I'm thankful for my family. I have two boys that I adore. My husband is so caring and thoughtful through all of this. I have a roof over my head and a turkey to cook for tomorrow. I may have to sell my home but I think ok...no sadness... a new beginning perhaps. My family is healthy and that's worth it's weight in gold.

I am thankful for all the support I found when I signed up for Neurotalk. It's been so refreshing to have people in my life who understand what we go through. I only wish I had found you guys sooner!!!

I've lost alot of friends since my accident but I dont dwell... I tell myself that true friends would have stuck around so poop on them!!! lol I've opened myself up to accepting new friends and new relationships. Perhaps shedding the friends who aren't the best for me was another blessing in disguise.

I'm not going to let the stress of the holidays get me down. I'm just so thankful I'm healthy enough to enjoy them. Maybe not full scale but I'm starting to think less is better.... :0)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (02-11-2012)