Thread: Concerned
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 12:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFencer View Post
As you can see from my signature, this month is my 5 year survival of 2 surgeries for aneurysm, 3 strokes, 4 seizures. Aside from being sad all the time a new wrinkle has come in. Trouble walking distances, standing for a long period and all I want to do is sleep. It was just because it was I was so bored sleeping made the day pass but now I am zonked all the time. I can sleep for 4 hours in the afternoon and still fall asleep at 8.

I am seeing a therapist, working with wheelchair fencing staying busy. But I have not met my expectations. I feel like I am such a loser.
Long term illness/pain will definately take its toll...... depression is a given.
The quicker that you address this the quicker you can act on it. Don't let it beat you, you have been through so much already..... to me you sound extremely strong!!!!!!! I'm fighting the constant tiredness and daily pain from depression and V/ATOS (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome- its horrid). I know its difficult. KEEP STRONG and do some belly breathing.... simple fresh air can do wonders, try to get outside at least once a day, if only for 10 mins. YOU ARE BY NO MEANS A LOSER>>>> BECAUSE YOU ARE FIGHTING EVERYDAY!!!!!
Best wishes to you.
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote