View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 05:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk Berylyboo from hhmals1... I am in my 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by berylyboo View Post
Hello I am new to the forum. I am scheduled to have a three level ACDF done on 12/7. Dr says 6 weeks at home. I am a librarian. 55. good health. car accident has my neck in a reverse lordosis and impinging my spinal cord. I've had several rear enders. this last one iced it. I know absolutely nothing about what to expect. I need info on pain management, sleeping afterwards, what to expect when I wake up. I hear nausea, sore throat. Just te6l me what to expect and what to look out for. thanks,
Berylyboo
Hi Berylyboo. I am now 16 weeks post op after c4-c7 fusion. I did really well ( the normal post operative pain) for the first 8 weeks. After that I have had some recurrance of numbness and new pain. I returned to work only three weeks after surgery and am certain this was way too soon. I had the titanium plate and screws and required only a soft collar for support. I had severe impingement on my spinal cord for about 2 weeks prior to the surgery. I have been going to PT for the past month or so but having some muscle spasms, toothache type pain in my left arm, and even nausea. Some days are better than others. Sleeping is difficult still...Everyone is telling me it will take 18 months to be really healed...good luck, don't over do, and get plenty of rest!
hhmals1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote