View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 08:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerina View Post
My physical therapist is finally warming up to my tDCS home treatments. She recently commented that she guessed "it would be OK for me to use the device because I "have a doctorate, after all, it's not like you are a bricklayer." In total astonishment I asked her if she felt comfortable providing a bricklayer with a TENS unit to use at home. She replied, "Of course I would." When I asked her to define for me how the technology of tDCS is substantially different from that of a TENS unit she was stumped. Finally she stated that TENS units are not experimental and tDCS is. I then suggested that perhaps she should let Blue Cross/Blue shield know that because even though TENS units have been around for 40 years, I was required to purchase my TENS unit out of pocket because it was considered to be experimental. I reminded her of her skepticism when I suggested that graded motor imagery and mirror therapy might help me. Now she uses both of these treatment modalities with other patients.

Maybe she should be paying me.

Please do not be intimidated by this treatment. It is not rocket science. I am still seeing improvements each day. Probably the best thing about my treatment is the decrease in the numerous sensations that can make us nuts, i.e. dizziness, tingling, freezing cold one minute and sweating the next, joint aches and pains, headaches, weird vision issues, a general overwhelming feeling of overall feelings of being unwell, extreme reaction to minor aches and pains like bumps, paper cuts, burning, stiffness, reactions to loud noises and vibrations, and sensitivity to touch and temperature changes. This treatment will not cure me but it is making it easier to manage the degree to which I suffer.

I hope my journey can help others.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello Ballerina...

I'm so happy and proud of you...for your spirit and will to dig and never give up...RSD has a way of dropping us to or knees without much energy left to fight... It is so nice to having refreshing news... I support you and I appreciate all that you have to share!!!

Have a really wonderful Thanksgiving to you and all of our friends here!!!

Hugs, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (11-23-2011), ginnie (04-01-2012), SandyRI (11-24-2011)