View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 11:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Power was on/off a few times, I remember looking at videos on youtube that people had posted of the beaches, waves & wind during the storm.
Crazy people driving around with kids in the car & trees falling over
Yeah, I just found out that a teacher's assistant from my daughter's school was severely injured in a car accident within the last day. She was either driving to the airport to go to Hawaii or home from the airport on the way back from Hawaii. She had a bunch of family in the car with her. They came up on a tree down in the road. She got out to move it, another car was coming up and hit the tree which then hit her. She broke 18 bones and is in a medically induced coma. They have counselors there to help the kids with this if they need it. Her and her family could all use your prayers right now!

I know what you mean about parents with their kids, we live close to a mountain that has a rock wall facing a cliff over the ocean. People like to put their kids up on that wall and take pictures! The wind likes to gust up there and, yes it's coming from the ocean, but it hits the mountain and pushes back toward the ocean and can push you off the cliff in the blink of an eye. Fine stand up there yourself, but don't put your kids up there, they're too young to understand and shouldn't have to pay with their lives for your stupidity! Sorry, had to rant, in case you couldn't tell that makes me mad.

Be safe everyone and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote