Thread: Astragalus root
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 01:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Alice. I appreciate this information very much, and appreciate even more than the info, that you didn't criticize my choice for self-treatment, I somewhat expected criticism.

I do see why this herb is promising as a treatment, but I don't feel comfortable using it more often than I mentioned above due to the headache. I do think my symptoms have improved some since trying astragalus and plan on drinking it weekly again if I start having crashes again, but I will not be drinking it regularly as I don't think it is safe to use daily. Of couse, I am no expert with herbs, herbs as medicine is a family tradition and hobby of mine and that is all.

I'm so thankful not to be spending time laying on the floor in a puddle of my own drool because I can't move (sorry, I know that is gross, but it has happened to me many times after overdoing it), I'm so thankful, brings tears to my eyes remembering those times on the floor. I do think this lessening of my bad times is due to astragalus and other herbs, vitamins and foods...not that there is any cure to be found in these methods, but I do see more stability to be found in them over the Mestinon, especially since my MG is not considered severe. I am thankful for mestinon, too, because it helps me through those absolutely worst of days, but am extremely tired and frustrated (and angry at times) with the ups and downs associated with it. For me, the better I feel one day, the worse I expect to feel within the next few days when taking Mestinon...I'd prefer a steady middle ground, and I think I am finding it (said quietly, MG is so unpredictable, don't tell the MG I said this, it might punish me, lol). I am down to 1/8 of a Mestinon pill every 2 or 3 days, and while I definitely still have MG symptoms they are manageable and haven't had me in bed or on the floor for a while now. I feel as if I am healing and it feels good.

I am starting to ramble...I am trying to say thank you to the food, vitamins and herbs, I know they have helped me.

I do feel uncomfortable about possibly encouraging someone to use astragalas. For anyone reading this, please be careful, as Alice said, this is an experimental treatment and might not be safe for everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Last edited by DesertFlower; 11-24-2011 at 01:32 AM. Reason: when I hit enter while typing, the post saved..edited to finish my post.
DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote