View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 11:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tightness of tendons/tissues - related to MG at all?

I am not diagnosed with anything at the moment -- so I am an open book as far as that goes.. but MG fits alot of my criteria.

At any rate I was curious if the following rang any bells with you guys/ladies?

Example: -- I don't exercise much these days because of how weak, and in pain I am in constantly. But I know I need to , so periodically I get out there.

When I first start, I am light and will just walk for a mile or so.

After a few minutes my legs,.. especially near my achilles tendon (above the ankle, but below the calf) becomes extraordinarily tight all the way around.

It literally feels as if my skin is going to burst open, and if I sit down after walking and let someone feel it -- they agree that it is as solid as if I had sticks in this area (or some hard substance) -- it isn't just a feeling, it really is this tight/hard. Further, the range of motion I can move my foot in, so up and down is very limited because of this.

I have no clue why this might happen.

It isn't limited to just that area, that is just one that is very pronounced during walking.

The tendons going down my forearms, and particularly underneath the forearms get tight as well like this. If I were to lift a 5lb dumb-bell 10 times.. they would be like rocks.. and not in a 'good' way. It is the tendons, and soft tissue doing this from elbow to wrist.

I have lots of pain and equal amounts of stiffness in my Neck (from the base of my skull) through my entire spine, back, and shoulder girdle. I suspect this is all related, as there is no reason it should be this stiff all the time.

I'll leave it at that -- I could get into how things seem to POP all too often,.. even whatever is attaching to the sternum and ribs in the front, not just attached to the spine -- But I don't want to con-volute this post.

So thoughts? Any link at all? Or no correlation?
Neofate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote