View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 11:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFlower View Post
Neofate,

I relate to most of the symptoms you posted, except I have been diagnosed with MG. I also look normal most of the time, but become weak quickly if I do any physical or mental activity beyond the bare minimum (so frustrating!).
I'm glad you can relate (well you know what I mean ) --

What perplexes me a bit is how I can wake up and I am immediately exhausted, and my concentration never 'arrives'. It can get worse, but I hear that MG is characterized by feeling very 'ok' after sleep then degrading as the day goes on. I don't even get close that 'ok' or 'normal' feeling these days. Makes me wonder.

I am so frustrated as I mentioned above MAINLY because I have the most serious debilitating thing going on with me and I nor any doctor, thus far, has been able to figure anything out beyond a low Vit. D level. I don't wish it on myself, I just can't wake up and 'ignore' the way things are -- and how much in a daze, fog, and effected in nearly every conceivable way and there is no end in site with no where to turn. Ultimate frustration. I can accept having a bad roll of the dice getting some sort of disease in my 20's.. but it is hard to be undiagnosed and have no reason to explain your behavior to the rest of the world (including friends and family) and yourself.

Diagnosis is very underrated in conditions that impact function.

Quote:

I think your list is very descriptive and will be helpful to a neurologist. Be sure to mention the muscle weakness, muscle fatigability and the eye troubles
Will do -- I just don't want to overwhelm a neurologist with a two page document. Which is why I was trying to ask if you guys had opinions on just what symptoms I should reveal. Because, as I said, I can literally reveal dozens and dozens of specific symptoms.. How can I know which are more important in diagnosis than the other without giving too many and compromising my credibility with the neuro. I've seen first hand how people can be put into a hypochondriac/mental (depression/anxiety) category if they have that many symptoms as it does seem utterly insane and nuts for anyone to have THAT much constantly going on with them.

Quote:

I'd like to suggest one thing that might help with your symptoms, and that is to try taking Methyl-B12 vitamins (not the regular B12 vitamin). I find that this vitamin does wonders to decrease many of my symptoms especially the mental fog, although it is no cure. There is a lot of posts in this forum about the benefits of methyl B-12 for various health problems, in fact this is where I learned about it, and I am so happy for that.

Happy to meet you. Keep us posted.
Methyl-B12 , I will have a look. I've tried ALOT of supplements, generally giving up after 3-4 months on them over the years.. nothing has really done any good. I will try this though.

Is this something that takes effect in hours, or weeks+ ?

Good to meet you as well, and I will do.

Thanks,
Neofate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote