Thread: neurologist?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 05:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Mark. I'll try answering your questions.

[What habits have you tried to follow to take care of your brain?] Just learn to listen to it. When it starts to tell me it's had enough, I've learnt to stop! Though lately that's about all it's saying so I'm finding it difficult.

[Have there been any changes in your family/friend life that impact you in the slightest way?] Not that I can think of. Though this week Mum's been very sick, but that's only been this week.

[Have you added anything to you diet?] No, I generally eat healthy. I noticed the other day on one of your posts you mentioned caffeine, MSG, & processed soy products aren't good for the brain. I'll be more aware of that now! I generally avoid them anyway though.

[Any meds started or stopped?] Just the same herbal & vitamin tablets my Naturopath's prescribed (EPA/DHA, Magnesium suplement, a liver supporter, & an adrenal supporter)

[Any big events, concerts, road trips, etc?] Road trip/holiday, but I didn't drive. That was just after the exams.

[Maybe laying low for a bit will be good but a single day a week of work does not sound like too much. What kind of job is it?] I work in a small town hospital in the kitchen, serving meals, cleaning. Nothing too strenous but keeps you moving all day. The people are all really nice.
Yesterday was the first day back after 2 1/2 weeks, but I had to call in sick 'cause I knew I wouldn't be able to do it. I'm on again in 2 days.

What concerns me is how big a leap backwards I've gone. I got to the stage of being able to live a quiet but relatively normal life and now I'm back to hardly being able to go for a 1/2 hr stroll. It just feels like I'm very slowly but steadily being sucked down.

Thanks so much for listening and offering to help. I know you know what it's like and that makes all the difference! My family are great but having never been through anything like this before find it difficult to understand.

Thanks again!
monkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote