Thread: MVD surgery
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 06:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
Hello richardfalls. I had MVD surgery in June of this year. Mine was on the right side and I did lose the hearing in my right ear for about a month and a half after surgery. I could also hear my heartbeat in that ear. It was very annoying. My hearing has returned to normal and the best thing of all is that I no longer have the TN pain. As soon as I get weaned off of the Carbamazapine I think I'll be pretty much back to normal.
I'm glad to hear you are doing better, thats encouraging. I had my surgery on Sept. 26th, at Wake Forest Baptist, by Dr. Thomas Ellis. The surgery was a success, no more TN pain & been off Carbamazepine & lyrica since three days after surgery. I just still have a problem with fluid & sound of heart beating in my ear, & numbness in my face & ear area. Still experiencing fatigue & weakness after working all a day. I guess this is normal just very annoying, but alot better than dealing with the pain. I'm going back to Dr.Ellis & ENT Dr. in January, hopefully they can get this straigthen out or it will get better on its on. How long were you in surgery? My surgery took a little over 2 hours, had 1 blood vessel on nerve & 1 artery close to nerve.They removed the vessel & placed teflon between the nerve & artery. Hope you continue to get better & get off the meds.
richardfalls is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote