View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 11:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Blank

Hi Neofate,
you know you sound just like I was 3 yrs. ago on the vitamin forum. I had already been having trouble for approx. 3 yrs. The weakness, and double vision, and slurring of words. I thought several times I was having a stroke. The er doc also said I was having possible TIA's. I was having my right eyelid almost closed at certain times. I wasn't able to walk or talk either. The doc I was seeing looked at me like I was already gone, and he was just going through the motions. I also had no way to pay for insurance, and very few doc visits. As the years went by, without me having any closer to knowng what was wrong, except B-12 deficient, low vit D, high TSH levels and extremely low iron levels. It was extremely frustrating. What I did was take pictures of myself when my eyelid was almost closed, and a video of myself when I was slurring my words and unable to walk. I got a new doc, and he ran all kinds of tests, and couldn't find the problem. I showed him the picture of me, and he immediately said "you have myasthenia gravis" He ran a blood test to ck the antibodies and also a tenlison(?) test. That was about 3 wks ago. What seems to make my symptons worst is #1 stress. Perhaps an arguement, or a deadline, or even pressure to try and complete one thing on my list. Also as we all on here know is laboring, such as trying to get the groceries in the house from the car. Trying to clean the shower. Simple things that we take for granted we can do. I know this is long, and I don't think I have answered your questions. Wish I could say the right thing, bt all I can say is the people here are great. Nothing but good vibes to you....
dewcole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote