View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 11:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Diagnosed with neurogenic TOS and first dr visit

Got the official diagnosis yesterday. Spent 10 hours total between hospital and PT evaluation. Had the anterior scalene & pectorial minor block and it did NOT relax the muscles. What an awful procedure! They wouldn't give me a thing for anxiety or to calm me down. I was super nervous, had just spent 2 hours with dr and was hurting bad and having awful muscle spasms as nirmal. Why is it that i feel worse when I sit down? Anytime that I sit, i start hurting and spasms begin.

Today, I am very sore and it hurts worse to lift my affected arm and turn my neck from side to side. Is this normal? They said I'd be sore, but crap.....I didn't think it would make my symptoms worse! What other results have you all had with the blocks?

I have to find a PT that is willing to work with dr office and PT experts 3 hrs away. It's difficult in the small area I live in to find a PT with experience. This whole situation is stressful, and any success stories are much appreciated. I don't want to end up with surgery and want to try everything in my power to get myself better. This is a huge financial strain with having to take off work for this appt and that appt along with traveling 3 hrs one way.

I'm new to this forum and hope to gain some valuable info once I get to look around and read all the threads.

Julie
rjewels13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote