View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Bodum makes great glasses in different sizes that I've found are perfect, btw. They are super light, and have a knobby plastic grip that protects against heat and cold. I was constantly breaking glasses. Every time my cleaning person came she'd have to scavenge for glass shards all over my kitchen. Since getting these, I haven't broken one yet.

You can use these suckers for hot tea or coffee, or for ice cold beverages, and you won't experience any temperature fluctuations. They also have carafes with neoprene sleeves that again save my hands from the cold and are far easier to grip than normal glass--great for Ice Tea, and water.

WWW.bodum.com Available online or there is a search function for retailers that carry their products.

For silverware (another big problem for a long time) I use chunky vintage lucite silverware. They're light and easy to grip. The big rubber ones that I received to help accommodate my disability are better than normal silverware, but are a little too heavy and too big--so they're much less comfortable than the lucite ones.

Looking back, I made some less healthy choices in the past based upon my struggles with silverware. It's not fun to need help cutting meat, let alone getting food into your mouth in a socially acceptable way... Sandwiches are easy to eat for example, but I didn't need the carbs. Eating soup was a painful and difficult process. It took the most fine motor coordination and finding a grip that's perfect for me, has made the difference between wearing it and eating it... Etc.

If anyone has any other products that they've found help them in the kitchen, I would certainly appreciate it!
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote