View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I've had really realistic and long dreams.

Your body when it has surgery (a nurse relative told me this when I had my C-section), reacts in its own way while healing.
I had many unusual dreams after my big C-section. It was the long vertical incision...and a long recovery.

When you have surgery "down there" the tissues swell, and take time to recover. They may be sending nerve signals to your brain and while sleeping your brain is trying to make sense of its own.

Also I've read that you are not eating well. This can alter your brain chemistry too. Shamans often fast before important events etc. You can get quality protein for faster healing from Whey protein shakes. Sometimes those go down easier than food when you are not hungry.

Even chicken soup would help with the healing.

I have noticed that now that I am older, I have vivid dreams when my night-time blood sugar is low. They typically wake me up, and after testing many times, I know this trigger well. I have a couple of bites from a Zone bar (about 1/3 of it) and I can then fall back to sleep quickly. If I don't eat even a little bit, I am up all night as a result!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (11-26-2011), Debbie D (11-27-2011), EddieF (11-25-2011), Kitty (11-25-2011)