View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 03:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wisdom tooth extraction

I had my wisdom tooth extracted 3.5 weeks ago. It was a simple extraction since the tooth was already in, crooked but in. The extraction took less than 1 minute...the tooth was loosened and it basically fell out. I never had to take a pain pill, but did have mild discomfort on/off. I went back 10 days later and the dentist said it is healing fine. My question is this: Why do I still have some mild "pressure" or discomfort in that area? The couple of teeth in front of the extraction site feel "sore" as well some times on/off. Nothing that I need to take a pain pill for but everyone I talk to say that I should be healed by now. I am 40 years old and never have had dental pain but am very sensitive to meds and pain. I went for a check up at reg MD and he said no fever ad extraction site looks like it is healing, even though there is still a pink "hole" there. Why do I still feel like there is "something" back there and why is this taking so long....or isnt it? Am I just impatient? I am doing salt water rinses still after every meal and snack and dont smoke. Can anyone advise? I am so scared of infection!! THANK YOU!!
KrisPPP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote