View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 08:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi All,
Rsd seems to me to be a maze in and out of doctor's offices and no one knows what it is or if they do they send you elsewhere. It is quite frustrating at all the false things we all have been told. I was even told within the first month of being diagnosed (in Feb) that by the summer you will be better. I waited and waited...and I am still waiting. It is now six plus years and I still have it lol.

I had to laugh when Catra121 said "I would imagine there are just too many diseases and conditions out there for them to know everything about all of them." I went to an ER once and I had a very honest doctor tell me that when someone (like me) comes in and he and other doctors have no idea what it is...before seeing the patient for the first time he told me they go to the Internet and look up what we have and then come to see the patient. Great I thought but at least he was honest and then asked me what I needed him to do in order to get me some pain relief. He knew I was in bad pain and could read that I had been in the ER for the fourth time that month plus had all my test results in that hospital. I hate the egomaniacs that will say stupid things like mentioned above that rsd does not spread. I just look at them and laugh at them (I have been full body since four months after initial injury).

My goal is to write a book about living with rsd and have as many teaching hospitals as I can read it. There will be people not happy about what I write but oh well because I am writing the truth since not many doctors will tell us about it. I hope to have a laptop within the next month and will keep adding to what I already have outlined and started. Funny thing is for many years I love to write and have always wanted to write a book but could never figure out what about...until rsd showed up haha. I think it will benefit so many people living with chronic pain and if I can help one person then I will be very happy.

I personally think that if there was a cure for rsd or some treatment that could get it into remission quickly then the drug companies would never make as much money as they do now with rsd patients or any other patient needing long-term treatment. It is sad how doctors that take an oath to help people actually treat people terribly and let money get in the way of what is best for the patient. I am not saying ALL doctors but there are some out there that are good and really do care about their patients...I have only met about 3 or 4 thought unfortunately.
Best of luck to all,
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote