View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 09:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

..Yes Alice MD, I agree about knowing that the more you repeatally use your muscles, with M.G. the weaker they become.

I was so excited when my primary Doctor told me to swallow after I told him I can't and I can't even swallow my saliva. He went and got me a glass a water to drink and commanded I drink a sip, so I did, which really surprised me, the doctor and my husband, well anyway, the excitement is over because I realize now it wasen't the beginning of being able to drink or eat again. It was just a little trick this dark shadow of mine called M.G. is playing on me.
The doctor said each day build on it (the swallowing ability) but after a few days I realize I'm not able to.

You see, yes I'm able to take a few sips of liquid..If I'm not to stressed, If I'm not to far away in the month from my last I.V.I.G., If I'm not too tiered from not sleeping well the night before and If I try for the 19 sip and at the 19 sip my throat muscles say Nooo more.
I can actually feel my swallowing getting harder to click after each swallow until it completely stops.

This is really stressing me out which of course is also bad for the M.G.
I'm going for my 2nd opinion Dec 22. I am so hoping they can fiqure out how to help me.
GrannyJo4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote