Thread: We WONDER #263
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 10:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I wonder that this has been my best Thanksgiving in years. For those of you who "know" me, you may remember that hubby and I haven't been allowed to see our grandchildren for the past 3 years. Our son came to Thanksgiving dinner at his grandfather's house yesterday and brought the kids....

I wonder that it was SO great to see them again and am amazed at how much they've grown in 3 years. Em has turned into an 11 year old beauty....much taller than her grandma here! And Cole is about to turn 13 in a couple of weeks and he's already 5'11". How can that be? Of course, my son is 6'4" , so I guess their height comes from him...

I wonder how thankful my heart has become in this last year. Yes, bad times still manage to pay a visit now and then....but I try to stay thankful anyway....and it seems to work.

I wonder that it was hard to lose some friends in the past several months and, at first, I think I mourned that. Now I find it was a hidden blessing because I realize how much negativity was in my life through them. Now I refuse to be negative in any situation. I can't afford its affect on me.

I wonder how glad I am to have my grade school through high school best friend back in my life. We were together constantly in all those years and now, though we're 250 miles apart, we manage to spend a weekend a month together. It's like we picked up mid-sentence from when we were 17 years old....so odd, but great!

I have so many things to be thankful for....really an endless list. I'm thankful, too, for everyone here....for the times you've "listened" to me rant and rave, or cry, or laugh....you're very important people to me! Pay it forward!
hippiechick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (11-26-2011), Alffe (11-26-2011), barbo (11-26-2011), DMACK (11-29-2011), Koala77 (11-26-2011), Lara (11-26-2011), tamiloo (12-05-2011)