Thread: Itching dog...
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkdvr
My husband says he is the most expensive free dog he has ever had....
Our BC was pretty allergic to a lot of things; fleas, hayfever, and (we think) a wool carpet in the foyer at the time. More, but it was a couple of dogs ago, and a lot under the bridge... Lots of go-arounds with cortisone, skin treatments, etc. She wound up with an auto-immune disease (the complex name eludes me) that attacked her own body; the slightest irritation would result in huge purple areas of damaged tissue/internal bleeding beneath the skin. We took her in to the vet (early on) and she went down standing right there in front of him. It was very touch & go - chemotherapy... But she survived, and lived many more years in good health.

I don't know why it is, but dogs in particular can outgrow many allergies - they come & go, so there's some hope for Trace that he may outgrow them too.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 11-27-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote