View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 01:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabithastuckey View Post
I just had Dr. Delashaw from OHSU perform surgery on me for Chiari Malformation Type 1. He is an awesome Dr. He really listened to me. I had seen doctors that didn't really seem to care as much, but he was very easy to talk to. He also did a great job with the surgery. He only shaved a small area of hair and the incision was very clean. I recovered very quickly. I was in ICU (as a precaution they do that) for 12 hours, then a regular hospital room for another day. I was up and about another day later. Granted, getting comfortable to sleep for a week or so, was impossible and I felt ok the first week because of all the pain meds, but overall I recovered much faster than I thought.

Headaches are gone! My voice no longer sounds like "a pack a day smoker", but still have pain and weakness in my legs and Restless Leg Syndrome.

Definitely try to see Dr. Delashaw at OHSU. He is most experienced with Chiari.
I am glad to hear that you had a great result from surgery, I was just diagnosed and it is nice to hear that there is hope and a chance to get relief. I wanted to ask has anyone had emotional issues with this condition? I find that I am easily irritated and get angry at the smallest thing, I also feel like crying too. I'm not sure if it is from the stress of getting this diagnosis or a symptom of the condition. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
pratt4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote