View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I'm surprised they didn't at least offer blanket in the recovery room... don't be afraid to ask for things you need - it's not worth the added discomfort.

6 weeks of PT probably isn't enough to make a huge difference on it's own, unless they are perfect & all goes perfectly, but don't be disappointed if you need many more sessions, it takes time , slow and steady.
If they seem to be making things worse and the sx are not decreasing , then time to step back and maybe try a new PT place or find more advanced therapists. They should be making adjustments each visit dep on how you are progressing, and they should not push for anything that makes you feel worse.
delayed pain is a problem with TOS so you may feel worse hours or day after PT. Remember to tell them that.

He says I have true neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome. Everything I read about that is def surgery to correct.
That's not true. Mainly it depends on how severe your sx are and what you prefer. Or if any obvious anomalies are found that might be the cause of the pain /sx.
Sometimes vascular TOS will require surgery if clots are a high risk.

I always felt better when chills & drafts were off my neck & arms.
I never had a block done, but just tin general we tense up when chilled and that can set off spasms.
So keep a scarf handy when you go out.