View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Yes unfortunately, I have found that PT is often much more $$ than an expert chiro that does the PT type therapies- mainly aimed at pain & sx reduction- NOT strengthening. My chiro also did trigger point release when I needed it, he studied many extra therapy techniques.

Learn as much as you can in the remaining sessions, ask questions and pick their brains, but if they aren't helping at all don't waste the time or money there.

Mine was a work comp injury/claim , but I still saw the billing amounts.

Does your ins allow for alternative care options @ a reduced rate?

My chiro took pity on me -he could see I was in so much discomfort from severe spasms at the time, he let me pay cash for awhile @ only 25.00 per visit.
Some places may work w/ you for a reduced fee with cash- it saves on a lot of paperwork & red tape..

Many here have shared things that help them and often a lot of self help & self care is needed to keep sx at bay.

Posture is often a big thing, shoulders relaxed but inline w/ the body - same for head not jutting or forward of the body.

If you can get some of these books from the library they should be helpful.
*most of these can be googled to find the book titles and /or websites about them.
Sharon Butler - RSI book - has a long title so just search her name
Pete Egoscue
Alexander technique

many posture videos online - can search for posture evaluations and posture

usually best to try 1 major thing at a time and then evaluate how /if it helps or not, then try the next one.
After awhile you can add the ones that help into a home plan for you.

Sometimes just starting w/ laying in the "corpse pose" on the floor and relaxing with diaphragmatic breathing is a good place to start & end the day.

What type of things did your PT sessions consist of?

Did you list your sx already, or did I miss that?

Sometimes if listed we can offer some tips with what may help.