View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 03:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I believe that Lyrica can have this side effect. I really don't know for sure but I don't think that taking Lyrica sporadically will help. I know that it is sometimes tough to take in the beginning. i know of several people who just had a difficult time functioning on it as it made them feel like in a fog(worse than fibro-fog) but, many stayed on it to see if this would go away and for many it did and works like a charm. for others is works great for a few months and then stops working or the side effects are worse than the good that the meds does.

Also, many with FMS are very sensitive to medications and can only take a fraction of what a normal dose is. so, ou may wnat to start any meds that you do start at a smaller dose to begin with and slowly work up to the recommended and stop at a dose that works but that doesn't give you the horrible side effects.

For whatever reason I am not as sensitive and can take most meds without problems although thee have been some seizure meds I have had severe reactions to as well as a migraine med. Other than that though, i have been pretty lucky. That said, I think i am on way too many meds and am now weaning off of some of them one at a time.

Good luck to you. Finding the right treatment can take time and patience. Keep trying though!

Sara
numbum46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote