View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 06:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Minnesota Girl, I am also a new member, since 4am this morning when I couldnt sleep through the pain. My MRI results were quite similar to yours, and involved my c 4-7 with right sided radiculrpathy. I was also reffered to a neurosurgeon and because I hadn't wanted to undergo surgery and he initially said I too had only mild stenosis, I tried traction. Needless to say that didn't work and eventually it deteriorated over the next 4 months or so and I agreed to surgery just to make the pain stop. However he felt only my c5-6 was severe enough to warrent the discectomy. my surgery was in may of 2010 and after a few weeks of post op pain I felt great until Aug of this year when the remaining discs started getting worse. The best thing I can suggest is to talk over your options with the neurosurgeon and express your concerns. Make sure he thinks in the long term unlike my surgeon. He seemed to only care about my c 5-6, not seeming to care that only a year later the others would deteriorate enough to require additional surgeries. These things do not get better on their own and in time will only get worse. I wish you luck
kristylynn528 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote