View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I have not yet found a medical reference that shows that "stress" depletes B12.

If you have one I'd like to see it.

There are laymen oriented sites on the net that clump Bcomplex together as helpful for "stress". But I do not think that the B12 in them is adequate for supplementation.

More on B12.
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente...ns/vitaminB12/

When body parts get cold and then warm up, tingling is typically felt by everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroLogic View Post
I'm trying nowadays to pay attention to symptoms and patterns. I've noticed that the nap followed by tingling in hands and feet is typically followed by heat.

My hands and feet get cold quite often now, so I've been trying to nap lately to get them warm again. It invariably works even if the nap is short.

Anyway, I think it must be vascular, as suggested, at the same time as nerves are affected, or shortly thereafter.

I wonder what cortisol does to/for/with/against B12. Stress of course typically affects cortisol levels and we know stress depletes B12.

Whatever chemical it is that's being released after I nap - I wish I knew what it was. Then I'd take more of it from other sources. The 'tingling' isn't painful or annoying; it's almost comforting. It seems to be related to the body's effort at healing.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote