View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 09:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default still making progress

I am beginning to wonder if the tDCS treatments have halted the progression of the CRPS. The treatments have certainly calmed down my sympathetic nervous system. The atrophy is improving, as is my range of motion. I can now open the refrigerator without quickly kicking it closed in pain, followed by a fall due to balance problems. I have not fallen since I began treatment. My reaction to noises and vibrations is improving. I am wearing clothing on my upper body for up to three hours at a time, which means I am not held prisoner in one room of the house with a space heater 24/7.

The most amazing thin is the stiff claw position of my hand is totally gone. The debilitation full body joint pain that made the aggressive home PT program that I developed a torture to implement has gone from a level 7 to a level two. My program consists of twenty minutes on and twenty minutes off of some form of exercise all day long with a break for a nap in the morning and the afternoon. I believe this program has kept me from becoming berdridden. I used to watch the clock and by the end of each twenty minute segment I was totally drained. Now I am fatigued but in much less pain at the end.

I have not hit the level 9 pain that was at least monthly if not a weekly event. I have not had one flare since beginning treatment.

My daughter took me shopping for a Christmas present for my husband. This time last year when I went shopping for his gift I landed in the emergency room.

I can only imagine how tDCS could improve CRPS for those whose symptoms are not as sever as mine.

I am here to help anyone who is interested.
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (11-27-2011), daylilyfan (11-27-2011), fmichael (01-17-2012), SandyRI (11-28-2011)