Thread: Eeg
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 02:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sara,

I had status seizures yrs. ago when my Dr. put me on neurontin for head pain and seizures. I always had absence (petit mal) and complex partial seizures since I was 10 yrs. old I'm 49 now. Once the neurontin kicked in the absence status sz. started left and right and I found out that the drug co. making the drug was doing off market labeling with the drug and it was causing status sz. as well as other types of sz. for people who never had a sz. in their life. Also 72 people took their life while on this drug. NBC's DATELINE had a show about all of this and then I went on line and typed in neurontin lawsuits to find the co. was being sued for $240 million by many different people.

My advice to you is to see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) and go to an epilepsy center which are usually at University or big hospitals.The Dr. can do a WADA test on you and find out what's triggering your sz. I'm sure you know that stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that trigger sz. for a person as well as hormones changing each month. I just recently found out that I was cell phone sensitive which means if people around me are using cell phones it triggers sz. for me. I hate it when I go to work or go shopping and people are using cell phones left and right then my sz. start up.
Correct me if I'm wrong but you spoke about FMS is this a form of MS? If it is there's a connection between MS and epilepsy also. I have an aunt who had MS and she told me that she was told that it could lead to sz. for her.
Cut back on the caffeine, don't use nutra sweet or cell phones because all of these things can cause sz. for a person. If you haven't kept track of your sz. get a calendar and start writing down the time you have a sz. and how long your sz. last by doing this your Dr. may see a pattern in your sz. as to what time of day or what days of the month they are happening. Also take note if there's a low pressure in the weather because sometimes that will trigger sz. for a person. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote