View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 03:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent98 View Post
I for to ask you, how many treatments have you done with your home unit?

You also mentioned to me its great for depression and mood. Do you see you mood imporving more and more as you continue with the treatments?

You also said you are now able to wear clothing for 3 hours, what happends after 3 hours you get burning pain?

Thanks again for your willingness to help others. God Bless.
I have treated myself for a little over two weeks, twice a day for twenty minutes each.

After three hours of wearing clothing I gradually start to experience searing pain if I leave the clothing on. However, I originally could not wear anything for even a minute. I would have to pin my hair up and slap gel on the stray hair or it felt like a hot knife on my shoulder neck and back.

There is a lot of research on tDCS and intractable depression. Remarkably, I do not have clinical depression, since the beginning of my journey with CRPS I have felt optimistic and hopeful that I would find treatments to help me or put me into remission. Since treating myself with tDCS I have been more chirpy and the irritability that sets in by evening has been reduced. With regard to your question about my mood improving more and more, just about everything is improving more and more.

Many of the clinical trials use a five day treatment schedule once a day, some setting at 1 milliamp. Since I received 2 milliamps at Beth Israel, that is the setting I continue to use. Recently, there has been research interest in expanding the number of days and treating twice a day instead of once. Since I am having a good response I will be continuing my current treatment schedule until I see no additional benefits.

I am just beginning to allow myself to feel that the days of lying on the floor in pain, begging for God to take me are over.

I have had no improvement, however, in the pain in my pec and neck areas. My hunch is that I have to find the correct protocol to address it. I am currently in the process of researching protocols to try.

I have learned through trial and error the do's and don'ts when treating with tDCS. If anyone is interested I can post them.

Hope this helps!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bent98 (11-27-2011)