View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 08:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default t.C.D.S. Do's and Don'ts

1) Before activating the device be sure the wires are securely connected to the electrodes. Occasionally they can come loose while being wrapped in ace bandages.

2) Remove all hair spray, gel and conditioner before treatment and wipe the scalp/skin with an alcohol prep pad.

3) Do not apply electrodes to areas that have cuts, rashes etc.

4) During treatment you may be seated or recline, but do not walk around. It is best to rest during treatment.

5) Sponge electrodes should be wet enough to slightly drip. If not wet enough they can cause skin burns.

6) You can make your own saline solution. It is cheaper than buying it. Mix 1/4 teaspoon salt with 8 ozs. of salt water.

7) Electrodes must be wrapped snugly but not too tight or they can cause a flash of light across the retina or skin burns.

8) Set the milliamp dial after the electrodes are in place and then plug in the the electrodes and activate the device. Plugging the electrodes in too soon can cause a white flash across the retina (not dangerous, just annoying.)

9) Don't use phones of any kind during treatment-you will get a shock (not dangerous, just startling) Ditto for computers microwaves, etc.

10) Slight skin irritation may occur. Application of an aloe lotion helps.

11) Wait at least 8 hours between treatments.

12) After the first few days of my most recent round of tDCS I experienced headaches. (Research suggests that the sham group also reported headaches)

13) Treating later than 7:30 pm disturbs my sleep. Treating earlier enhances my sleep.

Hope this helps!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (11-27-2011), cindi1965 (12-12-2011), daylilyfan (11-28-2011), fmichael (01-17-2012), SandyRI (11-28-2011)