View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 09:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFlower View Post
Generally, pain is not a symptom of MG, but the things you describe could be due to muscle weakness from MG. When all the cells in your mucles aren't functioning (due to MG or other issue), the ones that still are working get overworked and can cause pain.
I see.

My pain is namely in my neck, back, and upper pelvis. Though it seems to start to give some sporadic sharp pains where my femur attaches in the front to the pelvis. Another 'joint' of some sort.

I have pain of some sort all the time. It shifts a bit, but there is at least one location that is always sore.. just under my right side shoulder blade.

That particularly hurts when I breath in for example.

The rest seems to be related to stiffness of the body, and weakness. The more stiff I am, the more I feel like I need to stretch my neck, and overall back.. not sure what that is.. the more I try to stretch it, the worse it hurts.

I can be sitting at my desk, and just have to most of the time let my posture fall over in a hunched over.. and 'not using' my back muscles anymore. Because it is so uncomfortable. It is like a marathon trying to sit up straight. I don't get it to be honest.

If I lay on my bed, for example,.. on my stomach to watch TV or use a laptop -- I can hold my head up (and some of upper body ) for minutes until I have to collapse to 'rest' if you will.

If I'm on my side, proping up my head with arm.. laying on the side on the bed.. the wrist will hurt quickly from the "weight".. and things start to hurt and just aren't strong.

The best way to describe it is like the muscles that are supposed to be things you don't even think about, are things I'm having to think about to hold myself up,.. or they are hurting or obviously feeling really weak.

I remember how just sitting in a chair, laying on a bed doing whatever,.. being in what are supposed to be 'relaxing' positions were thoughtless.. and whatever I was doing at the time was it. Now it is hard to enjoy much of anything because of how the body acts/feels.

Really hard to put into words.

Quote:

I do get achy on occasion if I sit in my chair for too long, or do any one activity for more than a short time, and I do get a lot of popping in my joints when I am weak.
I *have* been sitting in front of my computer ALOT for the past several years .. alot because of my condition, but before this I did as well. So I wonder is this all some just blown out of proportion being 'out of shape'. Then I think to myself.. how could anyone be THIS out of shape. It seems illogical.

But yes -- lots of popping.. Feels like some connective tissue problem.. or tight muscles causing the joints to be strained.. etc. It doesn't feel or act like a pure 'bad back' that happened in my 20's... cause it covers SO much ground and alot of it will vary from day to day.

Quote:

It might be helpful to identify if you have constant pain no matter what activity you do, or if you only have pain associated with activity.

I hope that helps.
Yes, some pain no matter what. More bothersome impossible to get 'comfortable' .. I often stand up for things cause sitting is much less comfortable, straining, etc.

The activity I gave as example was the walking.. that caused the odd tightness.. just wanted to see if that rang any bells. I'm trying to find some association somewhere,.. I feel quite alone with all of this that has been going on for years and don't have any place I 'fit' yet. All I want is to feel better, I don't have to be in any diagnosis group,.. but if I could find somewhere , that people related to what I said often, it would be strong evidence into what may be going on.

The MG possibility is just that, a possibility -- but since it really doesn't cause my type of vision issues, any real broad pain issues, cognitive issues etc.. I have only so much faith. But nothing else comes to mind as 'it' .. so it is just another thing to check off the list at worst.

I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,
Neofate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote