View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi T.J. You need to phone your doctor's office to speak with her/him about a couple of those questions. If he's not available, ask for a nurse. I needed to have a ng tube when I had an operation (hiatus hernia/diaphragm repair) many moons ago before they did keyhole surgery. It was supposed to be done when I was asleep in the operating theatre before the operation started but for some reason the staff made a big mistake and placed it when I was still in the ward and wide awake.

So, was it painful. No, I didn't find it painful. Was it very uncomfortable and weird, Yes. Once it's in place it's no big deal really but I was fortunate in that I only needed it for a few days. If I knew it was going to be done at the wrong time like they did it, I'd demand to be sedated. Just make sure you have someone with you when you go for the procedure and to drive you home afterwards. Gosh, best of everything for all that you're going through. Are you going to be in hospital afterwards, or are you going home with it in place?