View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 11:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD38 View Post
Recovering from my 2nd session of acupuncture.
I've had work done on my upper and lower spine plus back of skull and shoulder blades. The area around my scar tissue has been left well alone and I seem to be relaxing quite well in the hip and lumbar region but my top half.... shoulders, neck, head etc are not happy!!!!!!!!!
Suffered quite abit after both of the treatments, mainly with deep dull aches and horrendous headaches for about 4 days after the procedures.
Has anyone else encountered this?
I'm not sure if I should see it through and try again or call it quits?

Thoughts or any input on your experiences would be great.
Let them know and see what their thoughts are.

There's a type of headache caused by getting more circulation than usual. People who drink coffee can get it if they miss their cup because coffee causes vasoconstriction. People who take nitro pills for angina can also get it.

I've had problems with neck tension so bad that it was compressing vessels in my neck causing my head to blanch and feelings of lightheadedness. On one such occasion, the tension suddenly released and I received the same type of headache I would get from missing coffee. It sucked, but I also knew it meant I got my circulation back and figured it would subside, which it did in about an hour.

Whatever your particular details are, maybe you are going through some changes.

Good luck.

Last edited by chroma; 11-28-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: typo
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SD38 (11-28-2011)