View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 11:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sinemet and Sinemet CR does not work for me whatsoever..All I get from Sinemet is dyskinesia, dystonia, and failed doses

The only thing that works for me is Stalevo 200 mgs x 3 daily..I get 10 - 11 hours of on time, sometimes 12 hours, and 99% of the time, Stalevo is predictable

I cant take four doses, cuz all I get from a fourth dose is 2-3 hours of dyskinesia, and misery

Mucuna..( Zandopa ) works well too

I get dyskinetic in the morning when meds are kicking in, and in the evening when they are wearing off

I have found that taking an anti-acid reflux drugs in the am with morning meds, competes with L-dopa absorbtion,and causes extended periods of dyskenisa, and takes longer for pd meds to kick in..I also take pd meds on an empty stomach in the am..Food of any kind interferes

I have recently added 200 mgs of Wellbutrin for depression, and 300 mgs of Neurontin for anxiety, and neurological, for lack of a better anology, irritation on off periods..When I went off, I got dyskinetic, sweat pouring off of me, and then my whole body would get weak, and I got so uncomfortable, that I wanted to jump out of my skin..I could feel my diaphram pushing out every single breath..The Neurontin got rid of all those nasty symptoms

Neurontin also has minimized the dyskinesia, and morning meds kick in a bit sooner, and wear off alot smoother

Wellbutrin and Neurontin gave me my life back, and to think two years ago, I was seriously thinking about DBS..Speaking for myself, I think that would have been a big disappointing mistake