View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 06:29 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

I don't mind walnuts in my banana bread. I know some people find them a little bitter, but if they're chopped up and one doesn't use too many it gives a nice little crunch to the cake. I made an orange and sultana cake a couple of weeks ago and I tweeked the recipe and used cranberries instead of sultanas/raisins. It was very yummy.

Very hot and humid here early. Not even Summer technically until Thursday here. I guess the rain is on the way.

Corn pudding? Sounds interesting. When I was in the US and staying with a friend, I decided to make some Anzac biscuits. Translation is probably "oatmeal cookies". Well, I needed golden syrup and I had no idea what a "stick" of butter meant. Ended up using corn syrup instead of the golden syrup and emailing whomoi to figure out what a "stick" of butter was. The corn syrup was a BAD idea!

I have a lot to do in the garden yet, but waiting for it to cool down a little and for money to miraculously appear in my bank account so I can get the plants I'm wanting. At least this summer I have a working washing machine with a warranty. I'm very thankful for that!

I have some fresh beetroot that I'm going to make into a relish. I make tomato relish all the time for my neighbours and myself. I think this beetroot one will be great. I'll see how it goes.

Big for Goofy and Addy.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (11-28-2011), Alffe (11-28-2011), barbo (11-28-2011)