View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
OK, Sounds like a leaf hopper. Have a look and see if this is the trouble maker.

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...ts-leafhopper/

It's too late for me to look any more for you tonight, but I'll try and find a remedy for you tomorrow.
No need to look more. That's it!

I've just been out looking and squished a few. Little blighters have been having a feeding frenzy over night. I'll try the cardboard trick in that link Koala has left me and just go out from time to time and squish a few more. A flyswat might work but they really move very fast.

Normally I don't really like squishing insects because I figure every one of them has a reason for being here like me. lol Then again, there's no reason I can see for having hundreds of grown up nasty grasshoppers jumping at me when I go into the garden. If you could only hear me scream when one jumps on me. UGH

Thankyou both! All will be well.

P.S. Wow, looking at those photos in your link mrsD... a few of them are incredibly beautiful. Only a few!!!
There are some little bugs I see here from time to time and they're so beautiful. They're iridescent blue and black pattern. Nature is amazing.

Last edited by Lara; 11-28-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (11-28-2011)