Thread: Returning PCS?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 10:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Alexnew,

What you experienced was a sub-concussive impact. Your brain has been sensitized to even minor impacts so it is likely to happen again.

I have to be very careful about any risk of a sub-concussive impact. I suffered one about two months ago and am just now getting back to normal. I got hit in the forehead by a piece of metal that dropped while I was under my truck repairing the transmission. It dinged my skin, left a small bump and made me a space cadet for the next 6 weeks or so.

I bet that if you did some serious recollecting, you will discover that this was not your first head ding. You have probably had many sub-concussive impacts in your 19 years. You may have even suffered a full concussion but since it was your first and you are young, you did not have serious prolonged symptoms.

If this is the case, you will need to work at becoming diligent with your body movements in risky situations. I realize that a shower and cabinet are not risky but there will be other activities that are risky, such as snow boarding, roller blading, contact sports, even just a ride down a rough road in a car.

This sensitivity will not go away. But, you can easily reduce your risks.

My best to you.
Thanks a lot for the advice, Mark! But does this mean this will happen for every little bump on my head? Will it get worse?
AlexNew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote