View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 11:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default C-Spine Problems and Tinnitus

Thanks Rhonda.
What do you use for your spinal/back pain? Are there any good meds out there that you've tried that don't make the ringing worse? This morning I took 2 Alleve and the sound got really loud. It happened a couple of days ago also when taking Alleve. May be just coincidence. I have migraine and occipital headaches and am nervous to take any migraine meds or pain meds. I just started the antidepressant Celexa and am not sure if it's making the ringing worse, since the ringing was there anyhow before taking it. Lamictal is another drug I'm taking for depression. It did start up worse after getting the Lamictal up to 150mg. Now the Lamictal dose is being reduced gradually.
At least the Celexa makes it easier to cope with the ringing! It was driving me crazy for awhile. Mixed bag though if it's making the ringing louder. Masking noise now makes the tinnitus emphasized a bit, which is weird.
The neurologist just Rx'd a muscle relaxant, Tizanidine, so I'll try that tonite. Have you heard of it? I suggested to the docs that the ringing might be caused by the spinal problems, but they seem pretty clueless about it. Think I've had slight ringing ever since being a kid, but this is pretty intense at times and sometimes difficult to mask.
Susan
SUZEQ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote