View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 02:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

I've been getting acupuncture for quite a long time also, and I've had different approaches and techniques from my naturopath doctor (who uses a chinese medicine approach) vs. my physiotherapist who uses a different pain relief approach.

I've never had headaches after sessions, but I have had increased pain the first couple of sessions with my naturopath. She explained that acupuncture sometimes takes several sessions to get the benefits of it. Not all people react immediately to the treatment.

There are so many areas that the needles can be placed, so discussing this with her is also an option if you get another headache. Personally, I find that the "4 gates of pain" needles that my physiotherapist uses on me gives me the most pain relief. I get a needle in tops of both my feet, and both hands (near the thumb). Also the needles in my neck help me greatly.

With my naturopath, she would only put needles in the painful areas on one side of my body, I found for me this gave less relief.

Another thought, maybe it's your posture during the treatment that is giving you the headache? Altering positions may help?

Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote