View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 04:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update

I just wanted to post an update on my husband's RSD/CRPS type 2 in his right arm only. This morning he underwent the trial procedure for the Boston Scientific SCS. He had immediate relief. We are home now and he is very sore at the incision site on his back but it was unreal how much relief he had (no pain meds/muscle relaxers since yesterday afternoon, as he wanted to really feel what the device would do) I could look at his arm and visibly see less swelling, redness, etc. within a half-hour after the placement. We know that this next week will be the true test as he tries things that he hasn't been able to do for a while. Mostly I wanted to post this to encourage people. I know it doesn't work for everyone, there are risks, etc. but today, PRAISE GOD, we are VERY encouraged that this will be a good plan of treatment for regaining use of the arm in the months ahead.
Also, the rep from Boston Scientific was really patient and informative. She teared up a bit too at my husbands reaction to being pain free for the first time in 2 years, which I am sure endeared her to me further.
MrsBatman
mrandmrsbat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote