View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Kris,

Well that's good news!!!

Your dentist referred to this as a simple extraction because that is exactly what it was compared to one that is complicated. Meaning, your tooth was probably buried in more tissue than bone whereas most teeth are sitting in more bone than tissue....simple vs complicated. Everyone heals differently and at different durations. Some people feel nothing, others are aware of every sensation. There is no way to know how the patient is going to react post operatively to the extraction so because this was a "simple" extraction, I'm guessing that your dentist purposely did not want to put unnecessary concerns in your head.

You are fortunate that you had this tooth removed because it had a high risk of becoming infected due to the angle and difficulty in keeping it clean.

I think your healing phase is very normal and typical of a simple wisdom tooth extraction.... and I have assisted on countless extractions. Supplementing with vitamin C is always a good idea because it aids in the healing process.

I hope you are able to worry less after seeing the new dentist today ;-)

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPPP View Post
Well, went to a new dentist today to "make sure" things were healing nicely since it has been 4 weeks since upper simple extraction of wisdom tooth. Wow....I cant believe that he said yes, it looks fine and it is healing well but it has a ways to go to be completely filled in, ect. He then went on to say that is could take several more weeks...maybe even a month more before I really stop feeling these strange "healing" sensations. I tell ya. If the dentist that did the extraction would have told me this.....I am not sure I would have had it done. Yes, it was crooked. Yes, it was looking kinda nasty and hard to clean around but this recovery is a pain. I keep reading where people are "healed" up in a few weeks....why am I so different? I am taking Vitamin C and drink milk....eat pretty healthy. Maybe it is because I am 40 that this is taking so long? OR maybe it is because my expectations were that since the dentist said "simple" extraction, I mistakenly thought 2 weeks max and I will be good as new. I guess lesson to be learned here is patience, patience and more patience. Good luck everyone!!!!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote