View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclelops View Post
I chased the Sjogren's bus for 15 years. I have a highly +ANA-nucleolar, and the +lip biopsy, every sign and symptom including dRTA. Many rheumatologists will not even consider it as an option without a +SSA or SSB. I have been nailed with IVIG and IV steroids etc, and none of it helped with my worst symptoms which are all autonomic, including the dry eyes. My thought is, I am going to try to get scleral lenses for that, because I am freaking going blind. I have the diagnosis (negative SSA-B), but it has been meaningless for me. I won't discourage you from searching for an answer, but, it may not be Sjogren's and if it is, treating it doesn't always work, that is, if it is or isn't really Sjogren's. Rheumatology is one of the MOST disorganized specialites. I use the word disorganized because I don't want to call it what it really is.

I stopped my IVIG a few months ago, since it seemed to be making me more sick than not, after 3 years of it. It does wonders for some folks. I am not one of them I guess. But, I would not fault any one for trying.

I am curious tho, why there is such a profound increase in the number of severe dysautonomics and the LACK of solid research and lack of centers for treating this. Autonomic neuropathy is very serious and it seems that there is just no solid organization in terms of diagnosis and treatment, or should I say managment.

I am sitting in bed with over my head right now, so, take this post with a grain of salt. I don't mean to discourage you. Definitely get tested for autoimmune disease, but it is a whole 'nuther can of worms.
You're not discouraging me. I'm really fed up at having so many problems that no one seems to have answers for. I'd really like to know where this is going and I'm still clueless. I have a lot of autonomic problems too, but I'm not sure of what is causing them or where they are going either. Anyway, this is just another confirmation of something I already know and that is I suffer from some kind of chronic inflammation. If nothing else, it gives the docs another piece of objective evidence.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote