View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Kanna,

Teeth number 24 and 25 are the two lower front anterior teeth. They generally have a small, fragile root structure compared to the other teeth. Many things can be happening with these teeth especially since they were root canaled 10 yrs ago. Any chance you could post an xray??

Re treating any tooth a second time with a root canal does nothing to alter the condition of the tooth because the tiny canals that are infected will remain infected after the retreatment because they are not accessible. It is a waste of time and money.

Telling a patient that the root canal was not done properly is a lame excuse for doing a retreatment that will not change the condition of the tooth. It is irrelevant of how the root canal procedure is done, the tooth will always remain infected for the reasons that I've stated above.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannaiah View Post
Hi,

I got RCT for teeth 24 and 25, that was 10 years before and just few days back I got a crown for 24 but not 25. And last two day the pain is off and on.

At the time the dentist told the RCT to 25 was not done properly, I used to get pain occasionally for that tooth. But previous visits to different dentists didn't say anything about that.

Now should I get RCT redone for 25? if yes how much time it may take to do it?
Could it be done is 1-2 days?
Is there a chance of breaking the tooth in the process?
Please suggest.
Regards,
Kanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote