View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 05:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Supposedly Nerve Damage?

Ok, to start with, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong topic. Just joined the site today (found it after a Google search, actually) and I'm hoping I can get some help.

I had bunion surgery on my right foot on April 29th. I went through the recovery fine, and it was getting better. All of a sudden around three months ago, it started hurting again. My doctor has taken x-rays and assures me everything is still in place (he fixed it by putting in a steel plate and four screws) and tells me it's probably nerve damage.

I'm going back to see him on the 12th, and I'm wondering what I should ask? He's given me a few cortisone shots to try to fix it (the first one worked for about a week, and the second one didn't do a thing.) My sister is a nurse, and she recommended I ask about Lyrica, supposedly it's helped people in similar situations.

I'd just really like to get some advice on this. The pain is fairly constant, especially at work (I'm a chef) where I'm on my feet all day, but it also hurts when I'm just sitting down (like now.) It's getting to the point where it's really disrupting my life, and I need some help. Thanks to anyone who replies.
insilverscript is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote