View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 09:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi fly girl,

You are very welcome... we are here to help if we can

Please don't blame yourself for any of this. You should have been given the suggestion to see an ENT prior the the rct....there is no way you would have known to do that on your own. The other issue is that this tooth may be fractured and if that were the case from the beginning, the only solution would have been to remove it.... but chances are, you would have been sold on doing the root canal procedure because you would have been told that you could "keep" this tooth. It is not your fault that you were not properly informed of the risks of root canal therapy in relation to the ultimate condition of the tooth and how that relates to your sinuses. Rarely does a dentist inform his/her patients about any of that.... and for that, I'm sorry.

I think it's wise to consult with an oral surgeon who is also an MD as they generally welcome the knowledge of the patient who is concerned about the systemic consequences. They also have a great deal of surgical experience when encountering sinus perforations all of shapes and sizes.

Please keep us posted on your consult..... we're here if you need support!

Bryanna
I realize I didn't put in my name, but it's kinda cute to be called Flygirl!

As a matter of fact, that tooth had a fracture that was unrepaired for years. Dentists mentioned it, but didn't say anything about putting on a crown until the root canal.

I especially feel stupid now because I'm a pharmacist, and over the past 7 years I've done a ton of research on alternative medicine, vitamins, homeopathy, and I even advise people on that. I take no medications besides a handful of vitamins daily, I eat organic, I don't use toxic cleaners or cosmetics. But yet in my own history, look what I did! Oh, if I could turn back the clock.

Yes, in 2 weeks, I go see a DDS/MD who has a residency in oral surgery and is board certified. I thought those were good credentials. Hopefully, the sinus is unaffected, but if it is, he can fix it. For that advice, I have to thank you again, Bryanna, because in other responses, you told people to go to oral surgeons, not just a dentist, for these procedures.

Many, many thanks. I'll post again after I visit the surgeon. In the meantime, I'll keep reading to offer support to everybody else!
Stacy
flygirl7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote