View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 09:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berylyboo View Post
Hello I am new to the forum. I am scheduled to have a three level ACDF done on 12/7. Dr says 6 weeks at home. I am a librarian. 55. good health. car accident has my neck in a reverse lordosis and impinging my spinal cord. I've had several rear enders. this last one iced it. I know absolutely nothing about what to expect. I need info on pain management, sleeping afterwards, what to expect when I wake up. I hear nausea, sore throat. Just tell me what to expect and what to look out for. thanks,
Berylyboo
Hi Berylyboo

I'm 8 months post op ACDF C5,C6,C7, with titanium plates & 6 screws. I'm a little better, but still suffering with daily pain and arm/neck/shoulder issues. I hope you do better then me.

You can click on my profile and read through my past posts one of them I list exactly what you will need post op (I prepared baskets of necessities by my bed for after surgery). I can't type it all out my hand is very painful tonight, but I have documented most of my recovery on this forum.

Make sure you have someone to help you!!! I had to wear a hard collar for 8-1/2 weeks post op and couldn't drive until that came off. The first 3 weeks were the worst. Sleeping is difficult, ask for sleeping pills and something strong for pain control.

Good luck with your surgery. Post how you do when you are feeling up to it.
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote