View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi neurotwam,

For many yrs. I've had complex partial seizures and absence (petit mal) seizures. When I get a get a complex partial seizure often I get a nervous feeling in my stomach, then I start to see colors flashing back and forth in my eyes, there have been times when I have looked at things at they look far away when I'm right near them. The reason why you are seeing the colors is because the seizure is starting in the optical lobe where your eye sight is and the problems you are having with your stomach is when a seizure starts and it drops down to your stomach. This is also known as an aura or simple partial seizure that leads into a complex partial seizure. Just like you I have temporal lobe seizures. One thing that you might want to try that has worked great for me is the moment you get the feeling in your stomach tighten up all the muscles in your body and make your hands into tight fists this often will stop the seizure. I have been doing this since the 1970's and it works great. Another thing you can do is cold water therapy 3 times a day put a cold washcloth on your face and neck this helps calm the neurons down in your brain so you won't have any seizures. I wash in a medical study with this last yr. and it works great. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote